I apologize my delayed start to the blog in 2012. Thanks for waiting for me! We are cruising right along in a year that is already moving and shaking. We have many exciting things lined up here at LBE that are rolling out in the upcoming weeks and months. I thought I would use my first post of the year to tell a little about some of the things I am looking forward to in 2012.
1. “EVENTing the iPad” at The Special Event: The Special Event is the largest international event industry convention in the world and this year it will be in Tampa, Florida. I have the great honor to teach a classroom session incorporating the iPad into the event industry. Sara France of Sara France Photography and I are collaborating on a presentation for small business owners in the event industry on how to advance their efficiency and productivity by integrating the iPad into their daily work flow. Those who know me know that I LOVE my iPad and use it for everything I can. It has truly transformed my company and I am so excited to share my experience with others.
2. Destination: This year we have a growing number of traveling couples bringing their guests out to one of the top wedding destination cities, San Diego! Our destination couples are often looking for coordinating events and activities to engage their family and friends before and after the big day. Once I get to know my couples, I love working with them to customize their entire experience in San Diego. It truly is the Finest City and I’m proud to share it.
We not only have destination weddings coming to San Diego, we are also traveling more this year. Working with my San Diego couples that are planning a destination wedding outside of Southern California is such a treat. New venues and new cities inspire me!
3. Website Revive: Everyone has been busy at work dusting off the old and bringing in the new on the LBE Website and the Bustle Blog. It has taken a lot of time (as it always does) but I am starting to fall in love with it and I am excited to share it with you.
4. New Spaces and Place: We have been spending a lot of time sourcing new venues for ceremonies, receptions and intimate parties. A lot of these locations are very unique and offer a new perspective on the standard setting. The Bustle Blog will keep you posted on our findings…
5. Tangerine Tango: According to Pantone, the color of the year is Tangerine Tango and I love it! This perfect blend of red and yellow is associated with warmth, excitement and fun times. Sounds like a wedding to me.
6. Gowns: Catherine’s gown brought a new meaning to princess last year at the Royal wedding. We are starting to see a lot of lace as well as many variations of the neckline and sleeve length. For those of you Twilight fans, I have to say that I fell in love with Bella’s Carolina Herrera gown (shown above) which also dons long sleeves. Both examples show that a modest gown can still be very sexy!
There are far more things to share but that is what the Bustle Blog is for. In the meantime, we are almost finished gathering images from our 2011 weddings which we will be posting soon.
Happy 2012… Can’t wait to see what is in store!